Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tot - 1 year, 10 months, Fry - 2.5 months

Quiet Morning

The Tater Tot had a rough night last night. I know she's at the verge of potty training and really I should do more about it, but I really don't have enough hands to help her. I can't just drop what I'm doing/cleaning/changing/nursing/burping, etc., to run and help her on the potty. But she's becoming visibly upset when she pees in her diaper. And on more than one occasion, I've had to say to her, "You need to pee? Ok, pee in your diaper, Mommy's feeding Sissy and can't get up right now."
Horrible mommy. Really. Just awful.

I should just install a potty in every room of the house and just let her run around pants-less so she can just take care of it herself. She'll get it. Eventually. If not, we just bought a new rug scrubber.

Ohmygodthatthingisamazing!

And Spud is pretty amazing too for cleaning the living room/entryway. The amount of juice spills on that carpet was rid-iculous! Ugh!

Moving on...

Anyways, I'm up early, before everyone else again. I fed Small Fry at 6:30am and of course, once she's done, I'm too awake to go back to sleep because I know I'm just going to have to get up soon. So I grabbed a shower, and that was pretty drama free and not too time consuming, so I decided to *pamper* myself and put on some lotion. I rarely get a chance to lotion my (hopefully) shrinking tummy with special skin firming lotion (that must only work on the skinny people on the label), so I was feeling a little empowered.

What else can I pamper myself with? Is that a forgotten pore strip at the bottom of my makeup box?

(Yes, I have a box. Don't judge.)

I have clean pores. And painted toe nails. And exquisite eyeliner. I may have gone a little overboard for cleaning day that entails me wearing sweatpants (cut-off, no less).

But no one was sucking/climbing/hitting/peeing/pooping/ (or otherwise draining the life out of me) on my body, so I felt the need for a little pampering. Tater Tot is sleeping in due to her stressful peeing in the middle of the night (Sorry Mommy couldn't get here faster because Sissy was eating and Daddy was sleeping on the couch again. No no, honey, sweetie, don't worry! We're not getting a divorce... yet. Daddy just likes to snore and didn't want to wake (anger) Mommy. )

And Spud and Small Fry are snuggling in the bed. I hope he doesn't suffocate her in his sleep. Again. He has a bad habit of that.


So it's me and the cats and my coffee. Chilling at the dining room table. Waiting for the house to wake up. And I'm ok with being up early, for once.





Tater Tot's Vocabulary - 22 Months
Big
Carrot
Mimo
Rainbow
Bridge
Up
Sissy
Belly
Toes
Nose
Eyes
Eat
Bird
Ears
Bite
Hit
Pee
Poo
Buttcrack
Butt
Nice
Hair
Shirt
Fork
Bib
Cheese
Down
Mama/Mommy
Dada/Daddy
Booster
Seat
Itsy
Juice
Lulu (Lucas)
Pants
Drink
Fix
Alexa
Shoes
Light
Apple
Paci (Sissy Paci/Baba)
Boots
Bucket
Pat
Uncle
Aunt
Treat
Blanket
Snack
Fish
Messy
Hat
Silly
Chair
Sit
Me
No
Mm-hmm
Book
Toys
Outside
Neck(lace)
Leg
Boo-boo
Armpit
Arm
Elbow
Shake
Turn
Paint
Duck
Soap
Towel
Bath
Brush (Hair/Teeth)
More
Dias (10)
Nueve (9)
Ocho (8)
Ses (6)
Cinqo (5)
Quatro (4)
Dos (2)
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Blue
Head
Diaper
Change
Horse
Poof-poof
Hands
Pyramid
Neck
Dress
Wet
Push
Pull
Sammy
Gibby
Paper
House
Church
Josh
Dede
Destiny
Book
Brooke
Scout
Battery
Race
Remote
Tights
Bug
Elmo
Abby
Oscar
Octopus
Isa
Tico
Diego
Alicia
Whoa-whoa (Dog)
Turtle
Truck
Pink
Purple
Cat
Stick
Fish
Bird
Purse
Shoes
Socks
Jacket
Office
Backpack
Map
Hot dog
Nom-noms (food)
Box

And I'm sure there's plenty more! 50% have developed over the last few weeks, I'd say.

144 words!



Small Fry's achievements:
Um... she coos. She manages to poop through an outfit at least once a day. She loves the fan and the sound of the dryer. She hates the car. Sissa's voice pierces through her soul. She smiles at Daddy. She quiets with Mommy. It's getting better... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment