Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Four Months

Tomorrow will be Tater Tot's One-Third Birthday (haha - how's THAT fraction for ya?!). She's getting so big and I can't wait to see what kind of child she is going to become.

We go to the doctor next week for another round of immunizations, weighing, measuring, and to start talking about eating rice cereal and other mushy/disgusting baby concoctions. I'm toying with the idea of making our own baby food once we're at that level, so we'll have to see how that goes. Although, I may give in and buy a few "treats"...

Unofficially, I'd say she's around 14 pounds and is about 24 inches long! She's either getting a tooth soon or thinks that her hands are really tasty! I'm still having trouble getting her to increase her feedings, but they're starting to get on more of a regular schedule.

Last night, though, she skipped her bedtime feeding completely and the woke up 7 hours later wanting a bottle. She'd gone from 6:30pm to 4:15 am without any food! And slept from 9pm (albeit, with some crying in my arms until she fell asleep) until 4:15am. That was manageable, though, and I fed her and let her crawl into bed with me to sleep until 9:15am. You'd think she'd be starving, but she just barely finishes 4 ounces (5 if I'm lucky.... most times 3.5) and then pushes the bottle away like she's sick of it! She's a funny little thing... but not starving, that's for sure! Growing... growing... growing....


Meanwhile, Mckenna has her first boyfriend at the tender age of 4 months. Bekk (to the right) is a younger man - by three weeks! His mom and I were best friends in high school and we even nicknamed ourselves "The Tuff Girls." Hope was Tuff Girl #1, Ruth was Tuff Girl #2, and I was Tuff Girl #3. Hope and I both married men named Jeff and had babies within weeks of each other (Tuff Babies #1 & #3). Look at them holding hands! How cute! She started to cry when I put her down, but I think he was trying to calm her down so she'd take a good picture. Hope joked that we were going to show this picture at their wedding someday!!!

(Meanwhile, I'm freaking out because I just realized my baby is going to get married and have HER own babies someday! AHHH!!! And I'm gonna get gray hairs and have to pay for a lavish wedding!!! Oh no!! :-P )


Upcoming: Preparing the house for my grandparent's-in-law's arrival in June. Trying to clean just so when they come, they don't feel obligated to clean it for me! Ha! Also on the agenda... buy a highchair. Nothing plastic and "cheap" looking... something that will look nice with our furniture, of course! We'll see what we can find that's affordable too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment