Wednesday, June 24, 2009

22 Weeks

I found this article on a Natural Mothering website and, of course, saying that the breast is best. I believe that whole-heartedly. But, I just do not believe that it is right for everyone. If I choose to feed my child in a different way, please do not give me a guilt-trip and say that I am depriving my child of brain cells, glowing skin, and pleasant smelling poop.

Read on and tell me what you think!

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200904/case-against-breastfeeding



I also found this which is... hilarious! And so true. All about the crazy, disgustingly real things that happen in pregnancy and how EVERYONE has to tell you about them!

http://www.babble.com/TMI-The-new-honesty-around-parenting-has-made-me-scared-to-have-kids/index.aspx

2 comments:

  1. Hello - I found your blog through Vanessa's -

    I too agree that breastfeeding is best, but when I had to stop after 2 months (due to medication) I was getting all sorts of guilt trips and 'friendly advice' from the ladies at church. Not fun.

    That second article was hilarious! Thanks for posting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude. don't let people beat you up over that! just b/c breastfeeding is natural doesn't mean it's easy! it's not! it's tough! and it can hurt like a muther! and there ain't no such thing as pleasant smelling poop. i loved nursing, but it's not for everyone, and it wasn't by any means second nature like the nurses tell you it will be! you should start keeping small pebbles in your purse and throw them at people. yahoos! you're a good mom and they're too stuck up to find out!

    ReplyDelete